This division provides the following services to high-end corporate and individual clients:
- Representation at dispute resolution forums (courts and arbitration);
- Providing pre-dispute advice;
- Strategic planning and negotiations;
- Business litigation in areas of contract, trade secrets, intellectual property, construction, securities, bankruptcy and business tort;
- Corporate applications such as schemes of arrangement;
- Mergers of banks, financial institutions and stock broking companies and capital reduction;
- and all other aspects of legal representation in contentious matters.
The distinguishing characteristic of the division is its focus on contentious corporate litigation particularly in the areas of shareholder disputes, hostile take-overs and minority actions. Backed by a strong specialist team, C&A has cornered a niche market in the corporate arena and is recognised for being innovative and bold in corporate litigation and has since secured numerous ground-breaking decisions in Malaysia.
We are constantly sought to advise, strategise and negotiate in corporate disputes and boardroom tussles and general business disputes. The firm’s approach involves a thorough analysis of cases at their inception to highlight the client’s choices, risks and rewards of alternative legal action. We work to develop case plans and strategies that make sense to our clients.
Understanding and responding to the business needs of our clients, we enjoy long-term mutually beneficial relationships with them.